Saturday, March 1, 2008

Race Preview

It's been snowing for the last 24 hours, but it's clearing up this afternoon. It's already about 35 degrees, and the streets are quickly going from snow-covered to wet. My race warm-up began with 20 minutes of shoveling! I should stretch and get my after-race clothes ready for my wife Sherpa to bring down to the finish. Post-parade, the pipe bands are getting together at the high school down the block and the party's free to all racers.

Since it's clearing up, I think the 7:40 goal time is still on the table. If the weather gets bad again, I may have to settle for something much closer to 8:00. Stay tuned for the whole recap later. No pictures, though - my P.O.S. stupid battery-eating Olympus is dead. I'll link to pictures later if the newspaper or club posts any.

No comments: