Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Easy Run Day

Another 4.0 with 0.5 w/u, 3.25 at 6.2-6.4 mph and 0.25 c/d. I also threw in 3 sprints x 1:00 at 8.0 mph (7:30 pace) and 4 hills x 1:00 at 4% to 6%. It felt great to loosen up and bust out a couple of hard efforts.

The feedback on the Birthday Challenge is great - thanks to everyone who's responded over the last few days and welcome B-Fit B-Day participants. Triathlete Mary has even suggested that I go for the Gold my first time out instead of Silver! Thanks Mary, but maybe next year. I'll be hitting 20 miles for the first time around my birthday and I want to be cautious about increasing my distances too fast.

It can be pretty dull out on the road by yourself, as 99% of my runs have been solo. I'm going to start reaching out to my club, the Triple Cities Runners Club, for running companions who can work with my schedule and training plan. There has to be someone in the neighborhood who likes to run after work! The club put out a call for PR's achieved in 2007 so I reported on my 24:00 5K. They asked for a "Dream PR" and I put 21:00 - this translates to a 3:21:00 marathon vs. my current predicted/goal of 3:49:00. Depending on this year's race goals and performance, maybe 21:00 will go on the calendar for next year.

No comments: