Wednesday, April 23, 2008

DO YOU SEE WHAT TIME IT IS?

Tempo workouts don't really feel like speed work, but I guess they are, just different than the short, fast intervals I usually do. I managed to get out of bed before 5:30 and do a 3.5 mile tempo run on the treadmill, working up to 2.5 miles at 7.4 mph (8:06) or better; 5.0 total.

This is the first morning workout I've ever done. Bob Glover's right - it is very difficult to warm up in the morning. It took me about a mile to even want to stop and stretch, then another mile before my legs didn't feel like sandbags. But like any workout, once I warmed up, everything felt fine. Now I just have to see how I feel the rest of the day. For those of you following along at home, I didn't run yesterday because I didn't have anything clean to wear!

No comments: