Sunday, April 13, 2008

Easy Run Day

An easy 4.25 on the treadmill put me over 30 miles for the week. The new shoes are feeling just fine, and this run was a good stretch after yesterday's 10 miler.

It was fun to watch the Masters while I was running, cool to see Trevor Immelman win, and amazingly Tiger Woods finish alone in second place. Continuing with the weekend plan, I'm watching live finish line coverage of Ironman Arizona, watching out for Benny and Commodore, waiting for their sherpas and buddies to post updates. Have I admitted here that I read triathlete bloggers for inspiration? Once I started running regularly, it was Duane, the star of yesterday's Triathletes Are Awesome story, who helped inspire me to train for a marathon this year. Read about Duane's first triathlon here, and tell me you don't want to make yourself a better person.

Weekly total: 30.26 (that's better!), 42.06 April to date, 344.72 YTD. 25 weeks to Wineglass Marathon. Last year, I didn't reach 344 miles until an Adirondacks hike on September 15.

No comments: