Monday, July 7, 2008

I Am A Beginner Again

I think it's time to restart the program. Rest and PT have made the nagging pain go away, and there may be something in not wearing the orthotics all the time. More on this as things develop.

After the Corporate Challenge on June 19, I ran on the 21st and 23rd, but I was very unhappy with the pain situation. Everything was looking pretty grim, and I was even thinking about switching to the Nike Free or running barefoot. (You should have seen the PT assistant's face when I told him that.)

I didn't run again until yesterday. I did an easy 3.5 miles with a couple of pick-ups, with a 1 mile w/u, 2 miles at up to 6.2 mph, and 0.5 mi c/d. For two weeks, I will try to duplicate this workout every other day and only slightly increase mileage. Maybe nothing over 6-8 miles total. IF everything holds up, I might try 2 days on and one day off for another couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Tea said...

Sometimes it's good to go back to the begining. It sucks, but it's good.