Sunday, July 13, 2008

Catching Up

I've been running again, every other day, keeping the distances low and doing it on the treadmill - this is so I don't aggravate the tendinitis again. I can still run these short distances at an easy pace of up to 6.6 mph (9:06 pace) and I'm running pick-ups of up to 1/4 mile at 8 mph (7:30 pace), and 1/10 mile at 9 mph (6:40).

  • Tuesday, July 8: 3.5
  • Thursday, July 10: 4.0
  • Saturday, July 12: 4.0
I've started a new spreadsheet with every run this year logged with distance, level of difficulty, and surface (road or treadmill), and I'm starting to track pain in my training log. Level of difficulty is 1.0 for a typical easy treadmill run, 1.4 for a tempo/moderate run, up to 2 or more for a race. I'm trying to figure out what causes my injuries - is it high mileage, increasing mileage too quickly, too much road running, or something else? I'm also multiplying miles run by difficulty and a surface factor to see if this "effective mileage" is a good indicator of stress. When I get a good graph together, I'll post something. If you've got any suggestions for this kind of analysis, I'd love to hear them.

Weekly total: 11.5, 37.86 June total, 15.0 July to date, 514.98 YTD. 12 weeks to Wineglass Marathon.

No comments: