Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday Update

One thing that was different about today's run was breakfast. It was supposed to snow by midday and I wanted to get out early. After I took the dog out, I had a banana, a handful of granola and 8 oz. of Gatorade around 7:00; I was on the road by 7:30. Normally, I like to have a big bowl of oatmeal, go back to bed for a couple of hours, then run late morning or early afternoon. In the past, having any food in my stomach was a recipe for heartburn, but I'm on acid reducers, and I should probably get used to early runs with food on board. My stomach felt fine on the run, and coffee and a bagel went down easy when I met up with the Club about 9:30.

I replaced Daniels' Running Formula with Bob Glover's Competitive Runner's Handbook. I already know it's a lot of repetition from the Runner's Handbook, but I am comfortable with his style of both writing and training. When I tweak the training plan, or if I learn anything new before my first race of the season, you can bet I'll write it up. Comments on running/training books are always welcome.

No comments: