Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Awesome Yasso's: 9x800

Total 8.0 miles with 1.0 w/u, 9x800 at 7.6 to 8.0 mph (7:54-7:30 pace) with 400 rests, 0.5 c/d. The last two 800's I did half at 8.0 and half at 8.2 mph (7:19). After looking at a running technique video on YouTube last night, I tried to pick my knees up higher and land at least flat-footed instead of on the heel (I'm still a little too slow to land on the forefoot). I'll see how the quads and hamstrings feel tomorrow. Overall, this workout rated as pleasantly hard. The first couple of intervals seemed very easy, almost like not-breaking-a-sweat easy. But never tell your coach that.

I need to check with Bob Glover's (Competitive Runner's Handbook) 15K training program to see where he peaks with speed work and how much distance he puts in. I feel pretty comfortable so far, and I will probably feel great if I can do 13 miles this weekend. But it's approaching time to put the treadmill away for spring and get outside, both for the weather and for the road running. It's getting warmer, but around here the weather on March 30 can still be pretty nasty.

No comments: