Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dave: 1, Sciatica: 0

A little stretching and back extensions last night seemed to make the terrible scary leg pain go away. I'm not above stretching some more tonight, Itellyouwhat, and some Mineral Ice sure would hit the spot.

Today I managed a nice track workout in beautiful conditions. I did three mile intervals at my planned 15K race pace (8:00) with a 1 mile warmup, half mile rests and a half mile cool-down for a total of 5.5 miles. That's right, you heard it here first: my race goal for the Forks XV on 3/30 is 1:15:00.

1 comment:

Tea said...

Do you need more stretches for piriformis or are you covered?

btw-piriformis is usually an overcompensation due to muscle imbalances in your inner thigh, med hamstring and glutes. Those muscles need to be strengthened. That's why back extensions helped you. BTW-Other muscles that you probably want to "stretch" in addition to your piriformis would be your TFL (hip) and hamstrings.

Without putting you through assessments, I can't say fer sure this is your issue. But, I'm pretty sure.