Friday, March 28, 2008

Easy Run Day

4.0 miles on the treadmill (with Frasier reruns, of course), including 6 x 1/10 mi pick-ups at 7:30 pace. Not too bad, but I still think I need to get some new shoes ASAP. Al and Sherry's is ordering me a pair of NB 858's which should arrive next Wednesday, so expect to read about them on Thursday (note to Al and/or Sherry: would it kill you to put your store hours on the web site?).

I was going to write something about Sunday's race, but... um... oh yeah, I haven't been feeling too lively since last week. It's probably the semi-planned pre-race taper I'm going through, and I expect that it will feel good to race and get back into the swing of things. Time to get back up to 30+ mile weeks and look at some races in April and May before the big birthday celebration. If you put it in metric, I could run a 60K ultramarathon for my birthday - sounds a little more interesting than 37 miles. I've even started thinking about doing it all within 24 hours for the B-Fit B-Day Challenge Gold Medal. Crazy?? Come on - at 10:00/mi, it's just three hours in the morning and three hours in the evening. What do you think? What's the best way to train for this kind of thing?

No comments: