Saturday, March 15, 2008

Experiments in Pain: New Distance PR


Today's long run is brought to you by the What Were You Thinking? school of distance running. I didn't really need all that mileage right now in the 15K training plan, but the weather was fine and I had the time. So why not run two 10K loops and a 5K? Because I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk tomorrow, that's why. I'm putting 15.5 miles in the training log (have a look at the log/plan for yourself) which will push this week to 35 miles; both distances are new records.

The hamstrings have finally loosened up, but maybe it's like having your finger broken when you have a headache - not really so bad now, is it haha!!?! The soreness and the pain on the run made me think it's time for a new pair of shoes and make the December 2007 Brooks Addictions second bananas. My feet were really hurting after an hour or so, and the shoes just didn't feel like they had any cushioning. The worst area is the left hip flexors - can you find the pectineus and the adductor longus? - I'm all about not lifting the knee right now.

No comments: