Monday, May 26, 2008

Long Run Not So Long Any More

Since I'm still babying the left PTT, I tried to do a relatively short weekend run yesterday. I spent an hour on the treadmill and did 30:00 at marathon goal pace + a little (7.0 mph/8:34 pace). I also threw in 4x1:00 at 8 mph (7:30) and 1x1:00 at 9-10 mph (6:40-6:00). Everything felt pretty good, although my energy level was not where it has been, due to not running much and not eating/hydrating right. The left-side tendinitis didn't bother me at all, and I didn't need to ice afterwards. My first PT appointment is tomorrow and I'm very interested to see how they can help me get back on track and get my mileage back up where it needs to be.

On a gear note, my podiatrist recommended the Asics GT 2130 as another possible motion-control shoe. Any severe over-pronators out there wear these? How do they work with custom orthotics, and can you compare them to the other shoes I wear?

Sock update: I ran in the SofSole Cushion socks yesterday with my NB 858's. I had to tie the shoes a little tighter since the socks are thinner than I'm used to, but overall the fit was very comfortable. These will probably be good socks for hot weather running. I've marked one pair so I can tell them apart, and I'll keep track of how they wash and wear over several runs. Wear and abrasion resistance may not be so good, as the first pair is showing some fuzzing.

Weekly total: 10.9, 49.35 May to date, 442.9 YTD. 19 weeks to Wineglass Marathon.

No comments: